Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wow, I am Chewing With my Mouth Open

Or at least I was. I have chewed up a bit and wiped my chin clean.

I was going to school full time, I totally thought I could do it. I have a friend that is going full time, along with juggling various other activities and a kid...she made it look so easy! Well, let me tell ya', it wasn't so easy and I had to drop some classes. Okay, let me rephrase that last sentence, I dropped all three online classes I was taking. First off, I am not an online type of student. I need a teacher in my face, I need the accountability right there. So with a ton of wasted money and added stress, I am only in math class. I haven't talked to my advisor yet about changing my major. I am not even sure I would qualify to do the nursing program with having RA.

Rheumatoid Arthritis. RA. Life Drainer. The Fat Butt Bug. Pure Frustration.

I don't normally like to talk so much about the RA stuffin's with everyone, only those special few get to hear me complain and whine about how it makes me feel. Truth is, I know there are other people with the same disease that have it a hundred times worse than I do right now. So, I count my blessings that I am able to work, move and still take care of myself & my family, and I still occasionally get out to enjoy my life. It does get frustrating, very frustrating...days I don't want to move when I know that it's the best thing to do. To be honest, other bloggers and support groups aren't very positive. It's very disheartening to go to a support group only to hear everyone complaining about the same things we all are going through and their doctors, who are only human. People aren't looking for the silver lining in this illness. I know what mine is; it's to teach me how to slow down and enjoy my family and my life, To take better care of myself, to teach me patience and virtue, it's given me thought and perspective. Manners. If anyone knows a positive RA blogger, I would love to hear about them.

Alright, nuff said...chew, chew, swallow.

No comments: